Private Fire Hydrants
Private Fire Hydrants
- While the hope is they never need to be used for an emergency, you will be glad you’ve entrusted Community Fire Prevention with the Testing Inspection and maintenance of your Private Fire Hydrants.
FIRE HYDRANT INSPECTIONS, & REPAIRS
Community Fire Prevention provide testing, inspections, and maintenance of Private Fire Hydrants in Surrey, Richmond, and across Greater Vancouver.
Private Fire Hydrants are critical in times of need. We inspect & service private fire hydrants in Surrey, Richmond, & Greater Vancouver. Our services are important for many critical industries and sectors across the Greater Vancouver Area, including:
- Low and high-rise residential
- Commercial warehousing
- Industrial & Manufacturing facilities
- Schools & Universities
- Hospitals and Medical Centres
FIRE HYDRANT INSPECTION REQUIREMENTS
As per NFPA 25:
- Private Fire Hydrants (both Wet & Dry Barrel) shall be inspected at intervals not greater than 1 year and again, immediately after every incidental operation.
- All testing and maintenance procedures shall be carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Manufacturer specifications state that maintenance will require the removal of the internal operation parts for visual inspection, lubrication and replacement of worn or damaged parts.
- Upon removal, lubrication and reassembly, the Fire Hydrants are then serviced for operation to ensure that the isolating gate valve was turned back on and that the hydrant is left in working order.
PROFESSIONAL FIRE HYDRANT INSPECTORS ON YOUR SIDE
- Stay compliant. As outlined in Part 6 Section 6.4 of the BC Fire Code the testing, inspection and maintenance procedures of the private fire hydrant shall be done in accordance with NFPA 25 and manufacturer’s instructions. Let the trained and knowledgeable Community Fire Prevention staff help you meet all requirements of both your local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) as well as outside insurance agencies.
- Know the Code. Community Fire Technicians are trained and certified by ASTTBC and stay up to date with ongoing in-house training of codes, standards and manufacturers requirements.
- Keep your fire hydrant in peak operation. By completing the manufacturer recommended semi-annual inspections of private fire hydrants, you are increasing the assurance that the fire hydrant remains fully functional over the course of a year.
- Reduce the worry of insurance coverage eligibility. Community Fire electronically documents all services performed at every site including routine maintenance, annual fire inspections and on-going service calls to test and inspect fire equipment.
- Promote Safety. We demonstrate commitment to a higher standard of protection for your employees or residents by maintaining all your fire and life safety equipment professionally and on-time.
RELATED FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES
CONTACT OUR VANCOUVER INSPECTORS
If you require Vancouver fire inspectors for testing or inspections of your Private Fire Hydrants, please don’t hesitate to speak with one of our highly trained inspectors today!
For all of your fire safety services and equipment, call or visit our fire protection office in Port Coquitlam, BC.
Call today at 604-944-9242, to learn more about how our fire protection services can help you!
We install and inspect Emergency Lighting Systems in Surrey, Richmond, Vancouver, Coquitlam, Langley, and across the greater Vancouver Area.