- ASTTBC Certified Emergency Light Testing
- New Emergency Lighting Sales
- Electrical Installation
- Emergency Light Batteries
EMERGENCY LIGHTING INSPECTIONS
You can count on Community Fire Prevention to keep you safe. Over the course of a year, many buildings experience some form of a power outage. When that occurs, it’s crucial that Emergency Lighting and Exit Signs are fully operational to guide building occupants to safety.
EMERGENCY LIGHT TESTING REQUIREMENTS
As per Section 6.5 of the BC Fire Code;
- Emergency Light Packs are to be inspected at intervals not greater than 1 month to ensure pilot lights operate, that there is no terminal corrosion, batteries are kept clean and dry, and that the unit will transfer to DC power in the event of a power loss.
- Annually the emergency light packs will require testing to ensure the emergency lighting units will provide lighting for duration equal to the design criterion under simulated power failure.
- Upon completion of an annual test, charging conditions for voltage and current are measured to ensure the charging system is functioning correctly
SYSTEMS WE INSTALL, INSPECT & SERVICE
Emergency lighting is critical in times of need. We supply, install, inspect, & service emergency lights & batteries in Surrey, Richmond, & Greater Vancouver. We provide our services for many critical industries and sectors across the Greater Vancouver Area, including:
- Low and high-rise residential
- Commercial warehousing
- Industrial & Manufacturing facilities
- Hospitals and retirement residences
EMERGENCY LIGHTING INSPECTORS ON YOUR SIDE
- Stay compliant. As outlined in Section 6.5 of the BC Fire Code, self-contained Emergency Light Packs require inspection on a monthly and annual basis. Let the trained and knowledgeable Community Fire Prevention staff help you meet all requirements of both your local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) as well as outside insurance agencies.
- Know the Code. Community Fire Technicians are trained and certified by ASTTBC (Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC) and stay up to date with ongoing in-house training of codes, standards and manufacturers requirements.
Emergency Lighting and Emergency Power Systems are key components to the safe evacuation in the event of power loss.
- Keep your lights operating year round. By completing monthly inspections of emergency light packs, Community Fire Prevention can help assure “the lights will be on” when you need it most!
- Reduce the worry of insurance coverage eligibility. Community Fire electronically documents all services performed at every site including routine maintenance, annual fire inspections and on-going service calls to test and inspect fire equipment.
- Promote Safety. We demonstrate commitment to a higher standard of protection for your employees or residents by maintaining all your fire and life safety equipment professionally and on-time.
RELATED FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES
CONTACT OUR VANCOUVER TECHNICIANS
If you require Emergency Lighting Products, installations, testing or inspections, please don’t hesitate to speak with one of our technicians today!
For all of your fire safety services and equipment, call or visit our fire protection office in Port Coquitlam, BC.
We install and inspect Emergency Lighting Systems in Surrey, Richmond, Vancouver, Coquitlam, Langley, and across the greater Vancouver Area.